Monday, February 14, 2005

This isn't the droid you're looking for either…


Neil Boortz must have been on the same page as me when he wrote his piece, “THE LATEST FROM THE TSA”.

I don't want to identify the airport ... but here's my latest TSA adventure. It happened over the weekend. As I approached the screening machine I was wearing a colored t-shirt (t-shirt of color, if you will) with an unbuttoned long sleeve sports shirt. The lady shoving the luggage into the machine told me I had to remove my jacket.


"It isn't a jacket. It's my shirt."

"Well you have something on under it."

"That's my undershirt."

"Well, you're wearing it like a jacket, so you'll have to take it off."

"What if I just button it?"

"That would be OK".

So .. I buttoned it up and went on through .... wondering just where they get some of these people, During that flight I couldn't help but think that my safety was dependent on a woman who couldn't tell a sports shirt from a jacket and who thought that by somehow buttoning it up all threats were removed.

The old Jedi mind trick, “This isn’t the terrorist we are looking for…. Move along”, works at other airports.

In a similar blurb coming out of the A/P, “Airport screener misses butcher knife in purse”.

NEWARK, New Jersey (AP) -- A security screener at Newark Liberty International Airport failed to spot a butcher knife in a passenger's pocketbook and was removed from the said.


The screener was removed from the checkpoint and will undergo remedial training, TSA spokeswoman Ann Davis said.


The Jedi had this thought for the sleeping storm trooper, “This was the knife we were supposed to be looking for… move along”





No comments: