Friday, April 22, 2005

Last Day to Drop Classes at MIT


I saw where the students at MIT were dropping a piano, maybe two pianos, out of a window to mark the last day for dropping classes. Excuse me for mentioning the thought; does this come across as pure waste to anyone other than me? I can remember being mildly disturbed when I would see some crazed guitar player destroy his instrument at the conclusion of a song. The idea of shoving a piano over the side of a building just to watch it crash to the ground is beyond my ability to chalk such waste off as a foolish student prank. I wonder how many schools would jump at the chance to have a crappy practice piano donated to help a financially strapped music program. I have a better idea, let’s throw a few students out the window and watch them as they hit the ground. The other MIT students could time the event, make charts to see if gravitational fields are affected by loss of common sense, graduate students could write papers and compare whether freshmen bounce any differently than upper classmen and professors would have room in their classes to accommodate one or two replacements.

“So bye, bye miss American pie…drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry... them good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye…the day… the music… died”

No comments: