Friday, June 03, 2005

Smith & Wesson 357 Police Pistol


This was the pistol I used to have on my hip each night as a Houston Police Officer.
I took this photograph for Eric, Grumbles before the Grave, and his up coming
Carnival of Cordite. It was not the same pistol mentioned in the story. (linked via title bar)
This one is very similar, the first was an old "K" frame 357, while this is the "N" frame; a much
heavier weapon, and in my opinion, better suited for police work. I know, all you "old guys"
like the six shooter while all the young guys carry automatics. Automatics jam up more than a six shooter and its the first shot that counts anyway. I tried both, my back up weapon was a
40 cal (S&W round) Star semi automatic. I still have both, the 40 cal. shoots okay, not as accurate as the revolver but for a backup weapon it's okay.Posted by Hello

No comments: