Thursday, July 14, 2005

I want the job!

July 14, 2005


Honorable George W. Bush
President of the United States of America
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Washington, DC.

Dear Mr. President,

I am aware that you are contemplating who to nominate to fill the vacancy in the Supreme Court. It is well known that whomever you pick will have to undergo a thorough and humiliating process of personal scrutiny; from your foes on the left, the ACLU and the Democratic minority and even from some of your so called allies in the moderate Republican majority.

I wish to take the job. All you have to do is have me fitted for the black robe and I will promise to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America; something that many of the Supreme Court Judges who are currently serving have no intention of doing. I promise to leave legislation to those elected to do so, while at the same time I promise to actually dedicate my working hours toward the sacred duty of following the guidelines as they are written, not as a flexible document as some have called it.

I am a retired City of Houston police officer, having had a chance to have my name smeared by some of the best Houston has to offer. My sanity has been questioned, my integrity, my ancestry and knowledge of my parents also. I have had the opportunity to engage in the free market system as owner and operator of T. F. Stern & Company, as a locksmith specializing in automotive work. While I am not a member of the Bar and have never been a judge my qualifications are that I am able to read. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are not that hard to read or understand. It would be a pleasure to serve, as one whose mind is based in reason and logic, among so many who fail so miserably in that regard.

It would be a pleasure to serve in the capacity as Supreme Court Justice until such time as my brain no longer functions, something which several of those currently serving should consider as a bench mark necessary for public service. Please carefully consider my invitation to stand in front of the likes of Sen. Edward Kennedy, Sen. Barbara Boxer or Sen. Harry Reid as I summarily hold my head high and give them all my honest and heart felt one finger salute.

Sincerely


T. Fraser Stern

No comments: