Saturday, January 07, 2006

I won tickets to see Johnny Rivers in concert


I’d finished a lock job at one of my regular car dealerships and was listening to our Oldies station, KLDE, here in Houston as the DJ announced that he had “Tickets before you can buy ‘em” for the Johnny Rivers concert on February 18th. I thought how neat that would be since Lucy’s birthday falls on that same day and she had a big time crush on Johnny Rivers back in the 60’s.

I’d tried calling in on other contest, the million dollar give away, the new Mustang, the trip to Cancun and many others. I’d always gotten the same results, “That number is busy, try again”. I dialed the number to the station and luck was on my side This time it actually rang on the other end and I was waiting for the computer to tell me, “That number is busy, try again”, instead I heard the voice of Gary Knight, the DJ telling me that I’d just won a pair of tickets to see the show. Awesome! Now I know what I’m giving to Lucy for her birthday, at least a little.

I decided not to tell her; let Lucy read my blog latter on and wait for the seismic read out to verify that she’d seen this information. That should be fun. I linked to the Johnny Rivers page in the title bar
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: