Friday, January 06, 2006

Tagged

Lucy got “tagged” and passed this on to me so I better fill in some blanks. (linked in title bar)

Four Jobs I’ve had:

I had a paper route as my very first job; although if you categorize that properly it would be the first time I was ever self employed, so it might not count as a job.

I worked as an un-licensed egg candle lighter at Mayber Egg Co; having lied about my age to get the job. It may well have been the worst job I’ve ever had; always smelled like rotten eggs.

I worked as a vendor and in the commissaries at the Astrodome, possibly the best job I’ve ever had since that’s where I met Lucy.

I was a salesman at Montgomery Ward in the Hardware and Electric departments, (83/84). I thinks it’s interesting that I remembered those department numbers after all these years since that was just before I joined the police department in 1971.

Four Places I’ve Lived:

I was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma

I lived in Levittown, Long Island, New York

I’ve lived in Houston ever since my folks moved here, the same year that Houston got a major league baseball team, the Colt 45’s which later became the Astros.

I was on several Army posts; but I wouldn’t call that living.

Four Movies I’d Watch Again:

Note: This wasn’t a fair question to ask me since I’m a collector of movies that I intend to watch over and over again until the end of time. If I’d planned on watching them only once I wouldn’t have bought them.

Forest Gump, a great adventure about a quiet hero, much better than the book which I read after and found to be almost worthless.

Bicentennial Man, interesting that a movie about an android would bring out so many human qualities worthy of emulating.

My Fair Lady may be the best musical ever made into a movie, Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn led the way, the gold standard which I measure most any other production.

Desk Set with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn stands out as a quality movie worth watching again.

Four T V Shows I love to Watch:

Jeopardy would have to be on the list.

The Tonite Show with Jay Leno.

The Andy Griffith Show reruns beat most of the newer sit-coms hands down.

Houston Astros Baseball games

Four Websites I Visit Daily:

Houston Chronicle for local news

CNN

Fox

Click 2 Houston

Four of My Favorite Foods:

Peanut Butter and Blackberry Jelly on homemade whole wheat toast.

Thanksgiving Dinner.

Pizza topped with Canadian Bacon, black olives and mushrooms.

Chinese food at Bo Lee’s, a nice way to celebrate a good week.

Four Places I’d Rather be Right Now:

I’ll pass on this one since I’m where I want to be right now; home with Lucy with a fire going in the fireplace, what could be better…

Four Bloggers I’d Like to Tag:

Rather than “tag” some poor sap into this; jump in if you feel the urge.

Four Blogs I Wrote in 2005 that Stand Out: This wasn’t part of the original set of fill in the blanks; but I just now realized that I’ve been blogging for a full year now, having started last January after my daughter got me interested.

What’s a locksmith?
http://tfsternsrantings.blogspot.com/2005/03/whats-locksmith.html

Nightmares After a Close Call
http://tfsternsrantings.blogspot.com/2005/06/nightmares-after-close-call.html

Author of Liberty
http://tfsternsrantings.blogspot.com/2005/05/author-of-liberty.html

Looking for an Old Photograph
http://pecawsgift.blogspot.com/2005/01/looking-for-old-photograph.html

No comments: