Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Eat Red Meat Day

Kateland over at The Last Amazon wrote a piece, Eatapeta Day, a stab at those folks at PETA who have made it a point to grill everyone who eats meat by comparing this to the Holocaust. Other than being a bunch of hypocrites, the folks at PETA have marginalized their position by grossly misrepresenting life on the planet Earth.

I won’t watch any movies with reference to the Holocaust, Shindler’s List, The Rose Garden, Life is Beautiful or any of the reminders of human suffering. The Jews weren’t the only victims; millions of other innocents were destroyed. I see no link between blind hatred of one human directed toward another human and the use of food obtained to maintain life. I believe all that was put in the earth, on the earth and above the earth was placed there for our use and our benefit. I’m going have a Pastrami on Rye for lunch and be grateful that my needs and desires to have food are supplied so efficiently here in the United States of America. Tomorrow I may have peanut butter and jelly or roast beef, the choice is mine.

Photo courtesy of Katz’s Sandwich found using Yahoo. (link via title bar)


Here's the link to The Last Amazon since the tools to hide URL links is giving me fits again.

http://thelastamazon.blogspot.com/2006/03/eatapeta-day.html
Posted by Picasa

No comments: