Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Secret Lies with Charlotte

I was watching the movie, National Treasure, and enjoying the presentation when my phone rang. I looked down at the caller ID and noticed it was my daughter, Bonnie, calling from her cell phone. Bonnie’s been working out of town, this past week or so in the D.C. area. I punched the answer button on my cell phone and instead of saying, “Hello” or “T. F. Stern & Company Locksmith”, the words came out, “The secret lies with Charlotte.”

“How did you know; did you talk with grandma or something?” Bonnie was laughing and at the same time scratching the back of her head. We often have fun, making up interesting conversations to amuse each other; but this reaction meant that she was at one of the National Treasures; out to see the Declaration of Independence or some other important piece of history while in D.C, or so I thought.

“Know what; I was watching the movie and it came to mind, where are you?”

“I’m at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, that’s totally weird!” Bonnie and a friend drove the short distance so they could do some sight seeing.

“Well, take some pictures, awesome!” Sometime I have to wonder how the human brain works, takes giant leaps of seemingly random possibilities and lands on the mark; go figure.

With all the problems I’ve encountered trying to use Blogger, I’m going to keep this post simple; no links, no pictures and short. With any luck it will show up. Bonnie has promised to help get my blog functioning properly when she comes home next time; that is if Blogger will permit it. If it sounds like I’m complaining, I’m not. Blogger is a free service and I’m just frustrated at not being able to share my articles for the moment.

No comments: