Sunday, August 13, 2006

Thought for Today

My thought for the day comes from the Book of Jarom in the Book of Mormon. I was listening to the scriptures while driving to my various jobs during the week and the idea came to me, similar to the challenge posed to readers on the Fox website where they ask, “If you were the President what would you do about …”; this same thought occurred to me, “If I had been instructed to write something of importance on a small piece of brass that would be of value to those who would later read it, a revelation, prophecy to be included in the scriptures; what would that be?”

Here is what struck me as interesting; bearing in mind that such instructions can only come from God:

“…For what could I write more than my fathers have written? For have not they revealed the plan of salvation? I say unto you, Yea; and this sufficeth me.”

Take a few minutes each day to read the scriptures, those words which your Father in Heaven has provided you, words which, when taken in and pondered upon, will lead you to an understanding of the blessings that the Gospel holds for each and every child of God. The truth has been made available to you, what more could I add? In the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: