Monday, September 11, 2006

Microsoft Outlook Problem - HELP!


I need a favor from anyone who happens to read this. I just bought a new computer and installed the Student/Teacher version of Office from the disc that I bought to go with that neat new computer. I had to do that because the 30 day trial software version of Office that came pre-installed would not work. I deleted the trial version by following the instructions on the Office CD I purchased and then installed the new program and everything looked great. I was instructed to download all the updates which I did. I then found that Outlook will not load, something to do with anti spam software conflicts caused by Norton, so I can’t email anyone. I was instructed to contact Norton, Symantec which I did.

I used the “chat” function at Symantec, communicating with some guy name Dass since the error message by Outlook claimed that the Norton Anti Spam program was the cause for the failure. Microsoft also claimed there was no way to fix the problem, how’s that? Dass had me turn off Norton Security so I did; still no Outlook. Dass said that it had to be a Microsoft problem and to contact them.

I tried to figure out the red tape involved in contacting anyone at Microsoft. It reminded me of the old saying, “Never try to teach a pig to sing, it only makes the pig angry” or something close. So now, yes, I’m angry and tired; having spent most of the day pretending that I knew what I was doing putting this new computer on my desk and getting it up and running.

My internet works fine, as does Word and Excel. I need somebody to leave me a comment, one that a non singing pig will be able to use. Better yet, get a hold of Microsoft and leave a comment for me, tell THEM to read my blog. Maybe tomorrow I will uninstall Office and start all over. Right now my eyes are beginning to blur from reading page after page of Microsoft user unfriendly no-tech no-help pages. They wanted me to wait a full day to receive an email reply to my request as to why my email won’t work on Outlook. HELLLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!

Remember, I am a card carrying Mormon so I don’t drink alcoholic beverages, or smoke odd looking rolled up cigarettes, snort white powder to make things seem better. Those kindly suggestions, while tempting, would be of as much value as waiting for your reply by email. Please leave a comment; maybe that you know how to get explosives past the Microsoft security desk or that you know a member of the Jersey Long Shore Man’s Union, a cousin Vinny who wields a mean baseball bat or something along those lines. I’d love for tech support to understand how happy I am to have purchased yet another fine Microsoft Product.

FYI, I love the wireless keyboard and mouse, awesome. The 19 inch flat panel is nice too. Maybe sometime later in the week I will enjoy my %&*#@ email too.

No comments: