Thursday, September 28, 2006

PSALM 131

Last night while taking a reading break in the Old Testament I was going over the book of Psalms. I came across several of the pointing fingers of guilt, character traits which continue to ensnare my weaknesses as I struggle to improve. I suppose the important part is that I do continue in my struggles to improve; none the less, I found this one particular thought among them which caused me to contemplate blogging. Who would have considered that David would be writing about bloggers in his day and time?

I write my thoughts and put them out on the internet, nothing to deep, at least most of the time they are light editorials and nothing more. I’m not a world economics or political guru, I can’t tell you which political party will win and I enjoy a baseball game far more than Meet the Press. I wear sneakers while working, a pair of blue jeans and a sport shirt instead of blue pin striped suits. At the end of the day I long for the comfort of home and my wife, not some preppy bar where I can impress anyone with my wit. I think David read my blog and left this comment.

PSALM 131


David says: Let Israel hope in the Lord forever.
A Song of degrees of David.


1 Lord, my heart is not haughty nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
2 Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
3 Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and for ever.

Here’s a friendly invitation to listen to the leadership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as General Conference is broadcast this weekend. Details are provided via the link in the title bar.

No comments: