Friday, October 20, 2006

Keyman

I decided to take it out of the closet; no, this isn’t that kind of statement for those looking for some gossip. I took the Keyman Costume out of the closet so I could take a photograph of it.

Lucy put this together for me back in the late 70’s. I also had her make a GM Ignition costume complete with key that she wore that year. The chrome “ears”, where the key is inserted into the ignition was where Lucy’s head came out; a piece of cardboard covered with aluminum foil. The body of the ignition switch was a simple piece of grey fabric that went down to her ankles. I even had the key code stamped on the fabric and the matching key to that key code. I have no idea what happened to that one; lost in some attic nook I suppose.

Having watched the movie, The Incredibles, maybe I should lose the cape. Bad things happen to Super Heroes who wear capes; getting sucked into jet engines and things like that, just a thought. I actually wore this get up while doing a couple of lock jobs and had some fun with my customers. I wonder why they never called back…
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: