Monday, October 23, 2006

October 23, 2006


The day was very busy for both Lucy and me. I don’t think we ever had a chance to glance at the calendar. On this day back in 1980 we went to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple. Bonnie was two and a half and Jennifer was not quite a year when we flew up as fairly new converts to the Church.

One of the Sisters in our home ward here in Houston arranged for her father, a Sealer in the Salt Lake Temple, to perform the ordinance. We had diner at his home that evening and it were as if we had been family friends all our lives the way they treated us. One of the Elders who’d been involved in teaching us the Gospel had completed his mission and returned home to California. He took time out of his life to join us at the temple, awesome.

My eyes are fogging over I’m so tired; but I wanted to post this before going off to bed.


We have some great pictures of the girls wearing hand made white dresses on the grounds of the temple; from back in the days when cameras used film. I know, that sounds so weird in this digital age. Some of you may have to look “film” up in the dictionary to figure out what I’m referring to. The picture you see was taken when we went up for Jennifer’s wedding; my, how time flies.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: