Sunday, October 08, 2006

We Seek After These Things

A blogging friend of mine, Ethne at Pole Dancing in the dark ( linked via title bar ), posts photographs that she takes on the way to work or on the way home. This past week I commented that I had missed many opportunities to capture images on my way home from work when I was working night shift as a police officer.

I have similar opportunities now early on Sunday mornings on my way to meet with my Bishop and his councilors. I decided to start taking my camera and just let things develop, pun intended. I took several shots of the sky just prior to the sun’s breaking the horizon.

I chose this particular photograph as it took in more of the early morning sky, the greatness expressed as the intense colors present themselves and remind me that even as small as I am in this world, the Lord knows me and cares about my welfare. I appreciate the beauty of nature and remember to say “Thank You” to my Creator when I take a moment to gaze up into the Heavens, the sky above or even a meadow full of weeds gathering the morning ground fog.

“We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.” 13th Article of Faith
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: