Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Interesting Statistics

Almost a month ago I added Stat Counter to my blog; mostly to see what was going on when I walked out the door to make a living; was anyone reading my articles and if so, what were they reading. It turns out that lots of folks drop by for a visit, many more than I would have guessed since I don’t get all that many "hits" in the comment section.

I have to admit I never would have suspected the top of the list would be a coordination skills game called the Air Force Test. Folks from all over the world have visited that single blog article to take the test 44 times. I realize that some of the big time bloggers get that kind of action every hour around the clock; but for a hole in the wall one horse operation like myself, that’s really neat.

The second most visited article was on a gasoline additive product, Power Plus MPG, which I wrote after it nearly destroyed my fuel injection system. Apparently my article pops up fairly close to the top of the Google search engine’s list of related topics which must burn a hole in those trying to sell that crap to an unsuspecting public. They read my remarks and run the opposite direction as quick as they can. Whoever said, “A happy customer will make your business grow because he will tell his friends about it; an unhappy customer will tell everyone!”; well, they were right. 33 folks read about how rotten my experience was with Power Plus MPG; I am still a thorn in that company’s side.

I also noticed that folks from all over the globe had visited; some from the land down under, some from the Orient, the Slavic countries and all over Europe; but mostly the home grown variety from the good old USA. The common thread was an article I’d written, The Mormon Experience in One Night ( linked via title bar). I guess a lot of folks wanted to see if I made it across the Great Plains in my covered wagon. I never would have guessed since it only got 7 comments.

I never would have thought my words would reach so many folks with such varied interests; kind of blows me away. It also reminds me to do a better job of expressing my thoughts, thoughts which after they have been sent out across the internet can never be recovered or retrieved. I better quit, this is beginning to take on the appearance of a sermon.

No comments: