Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Carolers to Brighton Our Day

Lucy and I were in the midst of wrapping some gifts; to be honest, Lucy was wrapping and I was getting ready to take a picture of some of her sewing handy work. The door bell rang and we wondered if it might be the kids; their presents were unwrapped and sitting on the dinning room table.

I was about to take pictures of Jocelyne’s ________ that Lucy had sewn from scratch; you didn’t think I was going to slip up and let the cat out of the sack. The other night while grocery shopping we noticed a couple of employees cleaning up a mess after one of them had dropped a bag Pinto Beans, hundreds of dry beans scattered all over. Lucy commented that she had, “spilled the beans”; well I’m not going to do that until after Christmas. I put the camera down and went to see who was there.

Upon opening the door we were greeted by the Brighton family singers as they broke out with a round of Christmas Carols; how about that for “Brightoning” up our day! It also gave spell checker something to do, not that I’m a great speller; but this was intentional. I must say that the Spirit of Christmas grabbed us both; tears welled up as they sang several carols and presented us with a cinnamon ornament for our house. Lucy brought out a canister full of her homemade ginger bread cookies and paid them a “fair price” for their efforts.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and hope you have neighbors as thoughtful as the Brighton family who will come sing carols at your door. Last night we watched the black and white Dicken’s classic, A Christmas Carol, with Alastair Sim as Scroog.; as Tiny Tim would say, “God Bless us everyone.”

No comments: