Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Morning



I know there are folks with different beliefs regarding the life of Jesus, parts not specifically covered in the Bible. Dan Brown’s book, The DaVinci Code, made into a movie, claimed Jesus had a wife named Mary and provided a lineage down to present day. I think it’s foolish to speculate on parts of the scriptures which were not made abundantly clear; however, as long as folks are injecting their own ideas; why not have some fun?

I for one, wondered if Jesus might have had two wives, Lily and Amaryllis. Every year around this time these beautiful flowers make an appearance and are closely associated with Easter. There has to be a reason these two flowers come out to honor our Savior at the same time. I took this picture in my back yard and often use it as wallpaper for my computer’s monitor.

Then again, ask any child and you might get a different answer, “Who was Jesus married to?” They might look at their shoes for a moment, a blank look across their face as their eyebrows search for a possible answer. Then a smile would grace their cheeks as a name popped into their heads, a subliminal hint looking at them from atop the kitchen table.

“I’m not sure but I think her name was Bunnie.”

In case you may be wondering, none of this is considered church doctrine, authoritative or “eggleasiatic”; file this under light hearted and frivolous.

No comments: