Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring 2008

I wanted to post a picture of the Redbud Trees in bloom just to let the rest of you get a whiff of Spring. Last night as I was leaving the Houston Texas Temple, the parking lot nearly empty around 10pm, I noticed how beautiful the Redbud tree near my car appeared with the night sky behind it. I wished I had my camera with me; perhaps I’ll go back this evening.

We had a front push through, clearing the air and leaving it relatively cool and dry with temperatures in the low 60’s when I returned this morning. The parking lot was packed so I walked around snapping shots and hoping one of them would give an idea of how lovely it can be.

As I was leaving I noticed another fellow had pulled into the front gate at the Temple, just barely getting the back end of his car out of traffic. He had a very fancy looking camera resting on the driver side window as he sat taking photographs of the beautiful landscaping provided by the full time staff. I hope he took the time, after pulling the rest of the way into the parking lot area, to walk around and enjoy the peaceful feeling which surrounds that building.

I remember visiting Washington D.C. on a field trip with my classmates in the late 50’s or early 60’s. I thought it was neat that we were permitted to board a train so early in the morning for the trip. The Cherry Blossoms were in full array all through the city; unfortunately all I had to take pictures was an old Kodak Brownie with black and white film; still I can see those pink and white flower petals blowing in the breeze as the tour bus took us around the various locations. I’ll dig around and find a picture from the past and post it later.

No comments: