Thursday, November 06, 2008

Improbable Progress

Hair is growing on my right leg on the very spot where I’ve had a psoriasis spot for the last fifteen years. I know this information doesn’t rate as high as the first Black man getting elected to the Oval Office; but good news is good news. There hasn’t been hair on that part of my leg for fifteen years or more, only an ugly spot which flakes off skin every other day, appears to heal a bit then itches to the point of unconscious scratching which makes it inflamed and the process repeats.

Think about how marvelous the human body is, its regenerative abilities and the miracle of it all; the idea that dormant hair follicles would spring to life after all these years was more than improbable, down right unimaginable. I went to brush away what I thought were scales of dead skin and found a cushion of new hair instead.

I don’t believe in coincidence, this having taken place at the same time the Great One was elected. I had my doubts about Obama and his promise of Change; well slap me on the knee and shout “Halleluiah”, I’ve got hair on my right leg once again.

Dear President Obama,

I’ve been having my barber clip the hair that grows inside the opening of my ears and nose for some time now, a disgusting burst of unsightly salt and pepper. Would it be too much to ask for a reduction, sort of a cap and spend trade off; more hair on my right leg in exchange for less growth in other areas. I know you plan to bankrupt the coal industry and move our nation towards other energy forms; could you do the same for unsightly hair, a redistribution of follicles, think of them as capitalists in need of governmental help.

Thank you and looking forward to Change oh Great One

TF Stern

No comments: