Monday, November 17, 2008

Liberalism Diagnosed as Medical Disorder


I read an article posted in World Net Daily where Dr. Lyle Rossiter, a board-certified clinical psychiatrist, “says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama
and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.” Wow, that’s an interesting statement coming from someone with his credentials.

“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book,
“The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”

This makes me feel so much more secure knowing the future of our nation is in the hands of folks diagnosed as being irrational and emotionally unstable. I’d suspected as much; but having just fallen off the turnip truck my opinions didn’t hold much sway. Here we have a man with the letters MD verifying my observations with clinical terms.

Yes, give them the blank check and a pen so they can solve the economic issues; let them fill the vacancies on the Supreme Court as they will certainly put people of sound judgment into those positions. You don’t suppose I could repose on your couch for a half hour or so, let my mind wander and talk about things which trouble me? Never mind, I probably couldn’t afford it anyway.

No comments: