Friday, March 20, 2009

Presently Reading - Unholy Alliance


A couple of books I’d ordered earlier in the month arrived this afternoon. I’ve plunged into David Horowitz’ book, Unholy Alliance; subtitled, Radical Islam and the American Left. My understanding of the folks who have aligned themselves with our enemies, my opinion or call it what you will, these folks should be classified as Anti-Americans; calling them the American Left elevates them to a level they don’t deserve.

This is when the battle cry, “McCarthyism” is shouted by the unhappy throng of protestors who heard about my comment while attending a symposium at Columbia. One and a two and a three, “McCarthyism”; the only way these intellectuals can silence the truth is to shout it down, “McCarthyism”; this is just another witch hunt so the capitalist pig war mongers can drop bombs on innocent sheep tenders.

The book will do one of two things for anyone reading it. Those who understand what America stands for will get angry; agreeing with the content. Those who hate what America stands for will get angry for being shown for exactly what they are, enemies of freedom willing to destroy the only nation which supports their freedom to belly ache and moan about how bad our country is.

I’ve an associate who stops by occasionally to put me to task. One of the lines drawn in the sand which bothers this person can be found at the opening page of Part One: A Defining Moment.

“Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.” - President George W. Bush, September 20, 2001

That having been said; I’ll restate what I started with, “My understanding of the folks who have aligned themselves with our enemies, my opinion or call it what you will, these folks should be classified as Anti-Americans; calling them the American Left elevates them to a level they don’t deserve.”

Now I can go finish the book; don’t bother me for a few hours.

No comments: