Thursday, June 25, 2009

A few observations June 25, 2009

A fellow called my office this morning and requested I drive over to his apartment complex and make a key to his 1992 Ford Tempo. He wasn’t home when he called and said he’d be on the way there soon could I wait about 20 minutes before heading his way. I scheduled him for 9:00 because he told me he needed to be at work by 11:00am.

Nine o’clock up and down as I drove up to the keypad at the entrance of the gated complex and called him on the phone to let him know I’d arrived and push the magic button to open the main gate. “Never, mind; I found my spare key.” He hung up, like I’d inconvenienced his watching the Today Show.

What is wrong with our society or folks like that? Did they miss out on Social Grace 101 as they stumbled through life? How much trouble would it have been to pick up the telephone to let me know not to make the trip over; that same phone he used to summon my services? I know, having listened to Jim Rohn’s motivational tapes , “That’s just the way it is.”

I was listening to the Glenn Beck radio talk show this morning, well worth the effort by the way; and it dawned on me how many folks were listening to the latest rock radio, oldies radio, classical radio or “what ever”. Our country is in serious trouble right now; major decisions being made at all levels of government which will have an impact on how, perhaps even “if” our country survives the underhanded power grab and yet, far too many of us are comfortable being lulled into a stupor with yet another top ten hit, Desperate Housewives or Dancing Queen contest show.

Here’s a free plug for Glenn Beck’s book, Common Sense . That’s supposed to make you wonder, “Wasn’t there already a book with that same title ?” WAKE UP PEOPLE! Your government is stealing this country out from under you.

I did another locksmith job this morning; this time the customer actually did need my services so he was waiting for me when I arrived. He’d called the night before; explained how his girlfriend was over at her parent’s house and lost the key. She would be at work while he took care of getting the work done as he asked; would that pose a problem as far as showing proper documentation, driver’s license and all.

I explained how he’d need to present a valid photo ID as per State law and he said he’d show me his along with her driver’s license. I joked that he’d need to alter his voice if he used her license. Sure enough, he pulled out her driver’s license first and showed it to me.

“Looks just like you”, I shot back as I noticed the attractive image of a young woman with long brown hair pictured in the upper right corner. We talked about how the government had gotten involved in running small business operations and my ever increasing love for bureaucrats. The movie, Firefox, came to mind as I recalled the Clint Eastwood character moving about inside Russia with KGB spooks trying to figure out what his “game” was.

He was in a train station going through various check points where government goons scrutinized documents and papers of everyone. Apparently these folks were used to living under an oppressive State and had accepted the intrusive nature of government. One of the goons was playing mind games, acting as if our hero’s papers were no good, even though they were. The next thing you know that goon got his neck broken there in the men’s room when Clint reacted to the relentless pressure of some irrelevant prick’s constant antagonisms.

I can see this type of intrusive government creeping into our everyday lives here in America; and no, I’m not going paranoid on you. It’s already here in various stages if you’d only take a moment to open your eyes; been to the airport lately?

While programming the key, still engaged in our conversation about the movie Firefox, I imagined some jerk bureaucrat from the DPS/PSB stopping by to make sure I’d followed all the nit picking guide lines. I pictured, in my mind's eye, pointing a large caliber pistol into his face; smiling as I acknowledged his last moment on this soil prior to his becoming part of that soil, pulling the trigger and dumping his worthless corpse into the nearest dumpster.

“Have a nice day”

So, back in Washington they’re about to push through Cap and Trade; a clever distortion of what it really is, government taking over America’s industry at every imaginable level, the destruction of everything which made our nation the most admired and productive in the history of the world. They have to get this done before they break for recess; don’t bother reading what’s on the pages.


Sound familiar; I’ll give you a hint, think about the “emergency crisis” created for the Stimulus Bill, the one nobody read before signing? If they didn’t get it passed by the weekend the entire economy would crater and never recover. They’re doing it again; just sign the bill, show us you want “change”.

They want to “improve” health care by destroying the free market version, replacing it with a “government HMO”; wow, that will work so much more efficiently. I’ll try to forget wasted tax money poured into other government backed projects, “I want government HMO, sign me up, sign me up, sign me up”.

Have you seen the
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7415354 "> video explaining how millions of dollars was spent by Jack Murtha at an airport where only three flights a day are scheduled; they all go to Washington DC and for each ticket purchased the taxpayers kick in about a hundred dollars of matching funds. Twenty people a day use the facility, other than the full time employees who sit around and do almost nothing; the place looked like a ghost town in the middle of the day.

They have a neat looking brand new air traffic control tower that would rival anything a real “working” airport might need, a fully serviceable runway that would accommodate any kind of aircraft and they even are refurbishing the old runway just in case they have more airplanes some day. This is your government making sure tax money is spent wisely; the same folks who want to hustle health care; yea and I bet they have some ocean front property for sale in West Texas too!

Here’s another hint, anytime they write a piece of legislation which requires speed reading to get through it; odds are it’s got so much garbage in between the pages it would make a BFI dumpster seem like the Garden of Eden. This is how an oppressive government operates; pushing garbage through before anyone figures out what’s really going on; transparency, my Aunt Tilly!

No comments: