Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday Review August 15th 2009


Once upon a time in a blogosphere not so long ago…a couple of folks would post highlights of the week, articles which might have been missed, interesting side shows and other items of interest. I’ll take a stab at it and see if anyone likes it.

Never Yet Melted posted a link, Obama’s Leaky Plumbing , that started off my morning.

“Barack Obama discovers a leak under his sink, so he calls Joe the Plumber to come and fix it. Obama asks Joe how much it will cost.”

{…}

“Joe immediately says, “$9,500.”

“$9,500?” Obama asks, stunned. “But you said it’s an easy repair!”

“Yes, but what I do is charge a lot more to my clients who make more than $250,000 per year so I can fix the plumbing of everybody who makes less than that for free,” explains Joe. “It’s always been my philosophy. As a matter of fact, I lobbied government to pass this philosophy as law, and it did pass earlier this year, so now all plumbers have to do business this way. It’s known as 'Joe’s Fair Plumbing Act of 2008.’ Surprised you haven’t heard of it, senator...”
Go read the rest; it’s too good to miss.

Third World County posted Greenie Sheeple which has a video clip from Penn & Teller getting folks to sign a petition banning DiHydorgen Monoxide in order to save the environment.

Mover Mike has a video which answers the question, “Is the recession over?” . I’m not the sharpest pencil in the pencil box when it comes to economics; however, according to the information in this video, if you price the toxic assets of all these banks which are in trouble in real terms, not the BS made up jargon which was instituted in order to confuse the public; then no, the problem which existed before still exists.

Down Under on the Right Side posted a video which explains “Muhammad’s Whorehouse” through the reading of specific lines from the Koran. Is it any wonder why these ignorant wretches blow up their fellow beings in order to escape into such a promised carnal state?

Stop the ACLU has one, “Surprise! Global Warming Data Missing from CRU” . All that data which had been requested under the Freedom of Information Act in order to replicate the models by scientists outside the close knit circle of fear mongering Climate Warming Religionists known as the Climate Research Unit.

I love the way the article starts, “Or, as The Register puts it “
Global Warming Ate My Data”. I’m still laughing at the brazen audacity these folks have as they shout, “Crisis!” from every roof top and then sink into the shadows when asked to prove their theories with raw data.

While I’m on the subject, stop what you’re doing and purchase Ian Plimer’s, Heaven & Earth: Global Warming – The Missing Science . The book makes for a difficult read, lots of footnotes and scientific charts and data; however, the information contained makes it a must read for anyone looking for reason in this manufactured “crisis”.

I should mention the on going crime scene two doors down the street. I have no facts, no information other than what the sheriff’s deputy told me as I stood at the edge of the yellow taped off barrier, “I can’t tell you anything at this time; but, let’s put it this way, you and your neighbor will have plenty to talk about over coffee.” Boy, that was helpful.

There were police cars blocking the street, one of these patrol cars had witnesses in the back seat. There was a “plain wrapper” parked in front of my house, a crime scene specialty unit, a sheriff’s officer taking lots of close up pictures of what ever was in the front yard, another sheriff’s officer with a metal detector going over the blades of grass in a search pattern and a patch of what looked like blood on the driveway next to the house. I’ve no idea what happened; but I seriously doubt it had anything to do with a home owner’s association complaint regarding the yard being in need of mowing. News at eleven…

No comments: