Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Geslison Family Folk Music

I caught a folk music presentation, already in progress, by the Geslison family on the BYU channel. They played a tune called, David’s Dig, a modern Scottish violin piece written by a fellow living in Nova Scotia, played by their 14 year old daughter. I enjoyed the music so much I continued to listen to the rest of the program.

I never was a big fan of square dancing; however, the music which accompanies it goes straight to my soul. This might explain why Wal-Mart appeals to me more than Neiman Marcus; the simple melodies speak to that part of me which longs for a Country Road , like the one in the John Denver tune.

One of the nice things about living in our technological day, I was able to find the next scheduled re-play of Geslison Family Folk Music program and set my DVR to record it at 1:00am Wednesday; that’s a hint for anyone who might want to take a chance.

No comments: