Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another 18 Wheeler


I helped Lucy clear out a portion of the garage this afternoon in preparation for a delivery of plastic containers, a group order for the ladies at church. I should mention how my work truck had the engine warning light come on this morning after my first job. I was able to drive to the next job, a heat case where the customer was already on the way to test drive a car; but they couldn’t find the key.

When I pulled in to the used car department the salesmen pointed out the vehicle; but when I went to move closer to it my truck wouldn’t start. I was able to complete the job, walking back and forth, just in time for when the customer arrived.

The used car manager, a long time friend was pleased enough so that he got the folks in the service department to put my truck at the head of the line and get it fixed; one of the sensors had been damaged by a leak in the head gasket. The mechanic and I visited while he worked, joked around a bit and I passed the time, keeping my attitude in the right place. I didn’t miss any jobs and was able to pay for the work done; expressing my gratitude all around for them accommodating my needs to the same degree as I took care of their lost key situation.

When I got home I noticed Lucy’s car parked on the street along with my little green Z. I knew she was waiting for a deliver, just didn’t know an 18 wheeler was dropping it off. My truck was also lined up on the street as we did our best to clear a place on the floor of the garage for 5 pallets. This was a continuation of the efforts I’d made last week and so we are slowly but surely cleaning out junk and finding lost treasures.

If I’d had any sense I’d have taken a picture of the fellow off loading the 18 wheeler, his wondering what in the heck we wanted with so many containers. I then told him about some of the other deliveries and he smiled, not quite believing that a bunch of church ladies could disperse all this stuff in a timely manner. I assured him that not only could they; but they do so regularly.

I took this picture a few minutes ago after a couple of pallets have already been dispersed. Lucy explained to everyone that the cut off time for picking up tonight is 9pm, at which time I’ll park my truck up in the driveway next to my little green Z; hate leaving my “shop” exposed on the street, much better to have it back where it belongs. Lucy also informed me that a little skunk wandered up the drive and into the garage earlier; no need to get all excited, leave it alone and it will wander back out later on. Hope the Hobo Kitties are friendly to the funny looking “cat” wandering around behind the pallets.

No comments: