Monday, July 05, 2010

Any way you slice it…

Lucy bought several crates of tomatoes this past week so we’d have some to can as part of our food storage. The price was too good to pass up, $ 7 per box and these had been picked that day fully ripened. It took her a couple of days to get them all canned and she left out several for slicing.
This morning I went out in the garden and grabbed a cucumber to mix in with the tomatoes I’d already put in a shallow bowl. Add a little salt, Italian dressing and lunch is served. It’s a tough life; but somebody has to eat them.

5 comments:

Tigersue said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!

Jahn said...

Oy, how you suffer! :-]

T. F. Stern said...

When I was in the military going through the chow line they would have a platter of sliced tomatoes with maybe twenty or so tomatoes worth. I'd take the serving tongs and scoop up two or three tomatoes worth of slices and put them on my tray. They'd look at me like I was crazy; but as long as you ate everything and didn't throw stuff away they were okay with it. I love fresh sliced tomato and cucumbers.

I'll suffer through some more later.

David said...

Looks good apart from the cukes...

;-)

T. F. Stern said...

David, You be careful of I'll have Joe Bidden stop by your place.