Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Farewell Head Buttr’ & Hobo Kitty History Links


We had a sad day here at the Stern's house; another one of the Hobo Kitties has been hit by a car. Head Buttr’, as we had named her, was one of only two Hobo Kitties that made the transition from feral to being truly domesticated. We lost Princess a little over a year ago; why is it the ones who get into your heart are the ones to get run over?


Lucy met me at the back door with her broken heart showing when I got home from doing some locksmith work. I knew right away something was wrong as she led me silently into the house where she had Head Buttr’ wrapped in a towel, as if sleeping, on the kitchen nook floor. May her eternal dreams place her at the end of our bed, cupped in my hand peacefully purring or in her “safe spot” on the stairs over looking the den.

 We buried her in the back yard among the Creeping Jasmine and Wandering Jew where she liked to play. If it’s against the home owner’s association rules then I’ll deal with that later; but my guess is they can’t read so such a prospect is unlikely.


While looking for reference links to other Hobo Kitty posts it dawned on me to simply list those I could find here. Click on a link to get an idea of what goes on in our garage.

The original Hobo Kitty Nefertiti


Oh Brother


Thankful for Hobo Kitties


Princess Hobo Kitty


With heavy heart


Grandkittens


Mama Hobo Kitties Needed a Rest


Mark Twain Hobo Grandkitty

Lost Hobo Grandkitten


Iron Workers on Break


Silver Bubba’s Hobo Kittens


AKA F1


Six Heads in a Bowl


Grateful for Thick Gloves


Jaw Dropping Experience


Jaws Partaking of the Morning Dew


Fall Garden and Hobo Kitties

Going over these posts has softened the pain; enough to get past this afternoon.




No comments: